Search the MoHud website. Didn't find what you were looking for? Try the forums.

Club History

If anyone wants to help add MoHud history or photos let me know

The Mohawk-Hudson Region of the Sports Car Club of America was incorporated on January 30, 1956, by a small group of auto enthusiasts. MoHud now consists of some 300 plus members in a region covering eastern Upstate New York, including the state’s Capital Region and eastern half of the Adirondacks.

MoHud borders New York Region, Southern New York RegionCentral New York Region, Canada, and New England Region.


Gymkhana Mystery photo #1, from the Joe Corbett Archives. The vehicle in question (really) appears to be a 1951 (or thereabouts) Riley RMC 2 & 1/2 litre roadster.

Charter

1956 — On January 30, 1956, incorporation papers filed in Gloversville, N.Y., officially established the Mohawk-Hudson Region of the Sports Car Club of America.

Its territory will encompass the counties of Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Columbia, Saratoga, Greene, Schoharie, Fulton, Washington, Montgomery, Clinton, Franklin, Essex, Hamilton and Warren, covering the Empire State from its capital to the Canadian border.

The purposes of the club shall be:

“To stimulate and promote an interest in the ownership and operation of sports cars; to establish rules regulating meetings and club activities; to hold events, competitions, and exhibitions for sports car owners and sports cars; to provide for the mutual assistance, enjoyment, entertainment and improvement of its members; to teach and promote the principles of good, safe, and careful driving; to act as a source of technical information; to provide and maintain a suitable club house and roadways for the use and recreation of its members, and to purchase, sell, mortgage and lease real and personal property as incidental to the foregoing purposes ”

Incorporation papers include the names of Thomas Pettey, Jr., and Arthur Albee, Jr., of Schenectady, Malcolm Buffum and Edwin Hull of Scotia, and Bates Murphy from Burnt Hills. The nucleus of the region was comprised of GE engineers, many of whom had also been the founders of the Adirondack Motor Enthusiasts Club (AMEC) in 1954.


Ross, Bill, and Joe circa mid-1970s. Bill was a talented racing driver with international and professional experience. Joe was the publisher of the Lime Rock Track Magazine and official track photographer.