Have an idea on a prospective site? Big stretch of nice pavement? Think about contacting a solo chair.
Local Autocross Sites
- OGS parking lot, McCarty Ave, Albany, NY
The Office of General Services parking lot is nestled inside the intersection of Interstate 787 and Route 9W. From the north, take I-787 to its end, the parking lot will be on your right. Make a right at the light and another right at your next light, into the parking lot. From the south / other points, take Southern Boulevard / Route 9W, the parking lot will be to your left traveling north.
- Wilton Mall
The lot at Wilton is in the northeast(?) rear of the mall. From Interstate 87, take Exit 15, head north on Route 50 past the first light, take your last available right into Wilton Mall, past Price Chopper. Entering the mall from Route 50 turn take a left / clockwise around the mall, but you may circle in either direction to reach the rear lot where the event will be held.
- FORTITECH, Rudy Chase Drive and Route 50, Glenville, NY 12302
Located at the Schenectady County Airport, off of Route 50 / Saratoga Road, south of where it intersects Van Buren and Glenridge roads. You turn onto Rudy Chase Drive, which is poorly signed and directly across the street from Socha Plaza. You probably don’t want to try entering “Fortitech” into your fancy GPS, it will likely give you a different corporate address. From the south and east:
- NYS Thruway to Exit 25
- West on 1-890 to Exit 4C Washington Ave.
- Turn left on Route 5 – over the Western Gateway Bridge to Scotia
- Proceed to Route 50 – Turn right
- Go north on Route 50 – past Airport Road to Socha Plaza traffic light
- Turn right at the light – followed by a right at the first road.
From the west:
- NYS Thruway to Exit 25
- East on 1-890 to Exit 4B – Washington Ave.
- Then use same directions as above.
From the north:
- Northway (1-87) to Exit 9 Clifton Park
- West on Route 146 approximately 6 miles
- Continue straight onto Glenridge Road thru the traffic light
- Proceed to Route 50 – Turn left
- Go south on Route 50 to Socha Plaza traffic light
- Turn left at the light – followed by a right at the first road.
Approximate latitude and longitude. 42.856695, -73.933971
- Prospect Mountain (Corvette club event in September)
Located along the Prospect Mountain Veteran’s Memorial Highway, off of Route 9 / 9N in the town of Lake George
- Seneca Army Depot, Romulus, N.Y.
From the New York State Thruway, take exit 42 to SR-14 south. Follow SR-14 about 5.7 miles and turn left on Lake St. Turn left onto US-20, go about 2.0 miles then right on SR-96A. Follow SR-96A for about 13 miles. Air Field is on the left. Look for a sign on the right side of the road that says “Police and Fire Training Center.” There is also a small red sign at the entrance that says 6471.
From the south take SR-414 out of Watkins Glen heading north. Continue to follow SR-414 for about 22.3 miles. Turn left onto CR-139 and go about 0.9 miles. Bear left on SR-96 and continue to follow for about 3.4 miles. Air Field is on the right. Look for a sign on the right side of the road that says “Police and Fire Training Center.” There is also a small red sign at the entrance that says 6471.
You think you have better directions, or something else missing from this page? Shoot the info to