THANK YOU Street Survival INSTRUCTORS/VOLUNTEERS
Many thanks to the instructors and volunteers/helpers who came out for the May 31 Tire Rack Street Survival event at Fortitech. Our event was a great success, with 24 students learning new car control skills that will help keep them safer on the street. We’ll be doing it again on September 20th, so keep an eye out for our registration links and requests for help.
MoHud: The Documentary
MoHud: The Documentary
Mohawk-Hudson Region (#65) of the Sports Car Club of America is based in upstate New York’s Capital District and Adirondacks, bordering New York Region (downstate), Southern New York Region (along the PA border), Central New York Region (Syracuse – Utica – Rome), Canada, and New England Region (everything east of the NY border).
MoHud members participate in active Club Racing, Solo, and PDX programs. MoHud’s annual club race, the John Stim Memorial, takes place at beautiful Lime Rock Park each summer. Want to learn how to go racing? Contact our race or membership chairs to receive more information.
Don’t own a race car? Try our Solo (AutoCross) or PDX (track day) programs, which allow you to drive your regular street car on a closed course at speed. Solo events are held in large open parking lots, with one car at a time around a course delineated by traffic cones. You’re timed and grouped with like cars, and there’s always a novice walk-through in the morning and other drivers willing to lend a hand.
Track days are hosted at famous road courses like Lime Rock Park, where you’ll get seat time driving full-out on the track in your own vehicle. We pair you with an instructor when you’re starting out and the day includes classroom instruction.
For fun on open public roads, try a RoadRally (also called TSD or Time-Speed-Distance). TSD rallies take place at legal speeds and follow a carefully plotted course mapped out and distributed the morning of the event — so bring a navigator!
Don’t like to race? Don’t worry because in addition to the driving-related, MoHud also hosts a variety of extracurricular group outings each year courtesy of activities director Pete Smith. Annual events include duck tours, go karts, and golfing — in addition to our award banquets and regular monthly meetings. There’s always a strong social aspect even at the race track.
To get started: Read about MoHud, learn how to join, and check out our monthly newsletter the Knock Off. If you’re new and don’t know where to start, contact our membership chair or the chair of the program you’re interested in.
Join the forums! Not a member of our forums yet? Give them a try, register today. You’ll get the first updates and be able to take part in event discussions. Talk shop and bench race, or try selling those spare parts cluttering the garage.
Found a broken link, something missing, or incorrect information on the website? Have something to add or want to contribute yourself? Send it all to your webmeister-slash-assistant-RE EJ at EJEvo8@gmail.com.
• Tech party is Saturday, May 3 at (where else?) Bob Karl’s Sales & Service in Troy.
• Our Street Survival schedule has been set — we’re looking at May 31 and September 20. Know any teen drivers who need driver education?
• An autocross schedule has been firmed up and we’re just waiting for site confirmations. See the latest KO for the dates.
• The Bridges of Washington County GTA Rally was held on Saturday, October 19. We had eight cars and 16 people participate – a pretty good turn-out! Team FooBar, Rich Welty and his daughter Madeleine, came in first place for mileage; while Team Paradise racing, Michael Landau and Daniel Huber, came in first place for observations.
• The club’s 2013 PDX / John Stim Memorial race was July 12-14 — results are now available
• North Atlantic Road Racing Championship (NARRC) 2013 rules and classes now available (for club racing)
Check out all the information about our Street Survival program here